Friday, September 30, 2011

Through My Son's Eyes

Oh how I have been missing the beauties of earth, thank goodness I have my son to show them to me.  Today, while playing outside, Luke looked up at the trees when the wind started to blow.  He was in awe.  I began to explain it is the wind.  Wind is something that you can't physically see, but you can see it through other things or even hear it.  Even though he is one, he seemed captivated by my words.  Then the wind stopped blowing and he went back to playing with a dump truck.  A few minutes passed and the wind began to blow again.  I didn't think anything of it because my son was busy playing with his dump truck, but he stopped swatted down and pointed to the leaves blowing in the drive-way.  I said, "yes it is the wind blowing."  He pointed up to the sky and then back to the leaves in awe of the winds presences.  Once the wind stopped, he went back to playing.  This occurred until we went inside each time noticing the wind in something else.  He even heard the wind howling and giggled then pointed to the leaves and giggled.  As I watched my son enjoy the wind, I thought about how the wind has been ingrained in me that I don't even notice it sometimes.  I feel the same about my walk with God sometimes.  Religion has been ingrained in me that I don't notice God in my daily encounters.  I suddenly was sad that I had been missing out.  I wanted to feel the joy of God's presence in the trees and leaves of the world.   For that moment I was so grateful that my son showed me the joy of the wind.  I started laughing with him at the wind and it almighty presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment